Instagram Stories has become a surprise success product on the social network in several respects. It was created as a “Snapchat killer” – taking one of the most critical aspects of the app and making it stronger. Since the launch of Instagram Posts, Instagram has introduced, evolved, and enhanced its range of features. One of the most noticeable recent updates has been the option to attach music to Ig Story.
Not only does the Instagram music feature encourage you to play music, but it also gives you the option of putting lyrics of the chosen s
ong that focus on the Story in synchronization with the Instagram story song.
Do you know how to Add Music To Instagram Story? Do not worry because you will learn how to add music to Instagram Story before the end of this post.
How To Add Music To Instagram Story?
Step No 1: You can swipe right and create a new story by clicking a photo after signing into your Instagram account. You can even connect an image or pick one of them from the album.
Step No 2: Tap the music option after you’ve taken or uploaded a photo or video to a story.
Step No 3: There will be various songs mainly classified as ‘Popular,” Moods’ and ‘Genre’ on the screen.
Step No 4: You may also pick an individual section of the music you want to add to your Story after choosing a song.
Step No 5: You may also pick the font, the color of the lyrics, and the part of the song you want to include in the Story.
Step No 6: Tap ‘Done’ in the top-right corner of the screen when you’re done with your music. You can now rotate, resize and drag the sticker around the screen from here to better suit your post until you upload it.
These are some easy steps that help you get to know how to add music to Instagram Story.
Why Can’t I Add Music To My Instagram-Story?
- You live in a country where this feature isn’t available. Music is enabled on the Instagram app in over 90 countries, but due to Instagram’s strict rules towards copyright laws, it is disabled in some countries.
- Your app is out of date. You may need to update Instagram.
- You’re trying to share a branded content campaign. Due to the copyright laws of Instagram and Instagram’s advertising policies, music and some other features like stickers and emojis aren’t allowed in branded content ads.
Why is my music on Instagram not working?
Instagram users are proclaiming errors with Instagram’s music feature. Why is Instagram music not working?
Back in 2018, Instagram included the ability to add music to your Instagram Stories. The app’s premade library has a broad selection featuring pretty much every song you could ever require, and it soon became one of the app’s most attractive features.
However, since 2021, some Instagram users have been reporting issues when using music on Instagram. This feature hasn’t been working correctly, and people have been taking to Twitter to rage about it.
Let’s examine why Instagram music isn’t working!
Over the last few weeks, many Instagram users have been describing issues when adding music to their stories.
People are stating that the standard music library has disappeared, giving only a list of random songs. An error message that is titled “music access changed” is also arriving for many people.
So, it appears as the error is happening for people with business accounts, but why?
Why is Instagram Music not working?
In some countries throughout the world, Instagram’s rules state that you cannot add music to your Instagram stories due to copyright issues if you have a business account.
That is why some business accounts can post music and others can’t because it depends where you are living in the world as the rules vary depending on the location.
So, if you want to use the Instagram music feature, you’ll need to change your business profile.
How do I get the music-sticker on Instagram?
There are some tricks to get music stickers on Instagram. Let’s look into them. Please note that all these tricks don’t work for all people. Some may work while others may not.
- Go to the play store or app store.
- Find Instagram and check for any updates. If you find any updates, click on the update option and wait until it completes.
- After updating the app, you can find a music sticker.
- Open your Instagram account and try to log out.
- After successful log, out then force clear all the data and cache.
- Now login with your username and password.
- Now you can find the music sticker on your Instagram account.
- First, log out of your account.
- Then uninstall the existing Instagram app.
- Go to Google play store or app store.
- Search for Instagram.
- Reinstall the app.
Some people claimed that they had lost the Instagram music sticker option when they switched to a business profile. So if you have switched to a business account, then switch to a personal account. Steps to switch to a personal account:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on the settings icon.
- Tap on the Account tab.
- Now tap on the switch to a personal account.
This trick worker for most of the people.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on the settings icon.
- Tap on the account.
- Now tap on the switch to the creator account.
Both these tricks do not give you the results instantly. It would be best if you waited for a few days. Many people claimed that they got music stickers after three days.
- Open your Instagram account and find who you are following. Ask him if he sees a music sticker.
- If yes, then ask him to post a story with a music sticker.
- Now you need to watch the Story and tap on the song name. It will appear below the username.
- Now at the bottom of the screen, you will get the details of the song.
- You also get a pop-up window that shows Try Music in your Story.
- Click on that, and now you will find the music sticker.
Try creating a second account. It worked for some people. Follow these steps in creating a second account for your Instagram. Why do I need to create a second account? Because most of the brand new accounts have all the latest features.
- Create a new/second Instagram account
- In your second account: go in your Insta Story and post an Instagram Story using the Music Sticker
- Now turn ON the “Airplane” mode on your phone
- Switch to your main Instagram account (the one that’s missing the feature)
- On your main Instagram account: Go in your Instagram Story and open the Stickers
- You should see the Music sticker
- Create your Instagram Story and post it
- Now turn your “Airplane” mode OFF
- Your Instagram Story will load, and you should have your Music sticker back!
If you don’t get the music sticker even after this, then follow these steps:
- Press on the “Search” bar
- Your latest stickers will appear on the screen
- The Music sticker should be here
If all these steps do not work for you now, it is time to contact Instagram support. Many people said that they got their music sticker back after contacting Instagram support. But it takes a lot of time, like a month or two. If you got your sticker back within a month, then you are lucky. Please don’t harass the Instagram support as it may cause problems to you.
If nothing works right for you, then wait for some time as you may get back your music sticker. Many users said that they got their music sticker back after a couple of weeks.
This is the last and final trick. Use this trick at your own risk. We do not recommend using this trick.
- On your computer or mobile browser, go to the Instagram website https://Instagram.com.
- Go to your profile
- Select “Edit profile.”
- Click on “Temporarily disable my account.”
Wait for a few days, and then log back into your account.
Music to IG story
- Go to the Instagram Story creation interface.
- Add a picture to your Story, as you usually do.
- Tap on the stickers icon to see all the stickers available.
- Click on the music sticker.
- Search for the song you need to add to your Story.
- Select the song that you like and add it to your Story.
- Now the selected song will appear in your Story.
Music on Instagram story
When you start the camera, swipe to the new “Music” option present under the record button. Search for the song and select the exact part of the song you want, and record a video while the song plays in the background. When your followers are watching your Story, they’ll hear this song playing as they’re viewing your photo or video.
Audio to an Instagram post
- Upload the audio as an MP3 or WAV file.
- Upload your still image, GIF, or album cover.
- Select the duration of your new video.
- Resize by merely selecting an aspect ratio & size for your desired platforms, like YouTube & Instagram stories.